- Lower Merion School District's Board of Directors meets at 8 p.m. Monday in the administration building next to Lower Merion High School. Board members are set to vote on awarding construction contracts for the planned expansion of Penn Valley Elementary School, while rejecting all recent bids to perform the same work at Gladwyne Elementary. The two schools, along with Welsh Valley and Bala Cynwyd middle schools, have been identified by administrators as most in need of extra capacity as enrollment climbs.
- Narberth borough has scheduled a conditional-use hearing for 7:30 p.m. Monday regarding plans for the erstwhile Narberth United Methodist Church site, according to the borough's calendar.
- School picture day is Tuesday for Bala Cynwyd Middle School students and Thursday at Welsh Valley.
- A Lower Merion church is celebrating a big milestone this upcoming weekend. St. Asaph's in Bala Cynwyd turns 125 years old, and Main Line Media News has details on the celebrations set for Friday through Sunday.
- A preliminary Lower Merion budget workshop for 2014 will be held at 8:30 a.m. Saturday by township officials. The meeting is open to the public.
- The weekly forecast from the National Weather Service calls for many similar days of dry weather and highs in the low 70s.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something