Lower Merion police reported 14 more thefts and attempted thefts from unlocked cars—including 10 hit one night in Merion Station—last week.
Overnight from July 12 to 13, 10 unlocked cars were targeted in Merion and Merion Station:
- 500 block of Howe Road: Shoes, sunglasses, a tote bag and a digital camera, valued at $2,000 total, were stolen.
- 300 block of Standish Road: Two vehicles were gone through; nothing was taken.
- 500 block of Hamilton Road: Someone wearing all dark clothing was seen near the side of a house where a light was seen on in a car parked in a driveway. The person fled.
- 300 block of Hamilton Road: $800 in clothing, glasses and a GPS were taken.
- 500 block of Howe Road: It was unknown if anything was missing.
- 200 block of Hamilton Road: Nothing was missing.
- 300 block of Hamilton Road: It was unknown if anything was taken.
- 600 block of Revere Road: $10 in cash from the center console was stolen.
- 600 block of Revere Road: Several CDs were possibly missing from the center console.
Police also reported a theft from the 200 block of Wynnewood Road in Wynnewood overnight from July 9 to July 10, in which a $40 black briefcase was stolen from a car.
A car parked on the 1400 block of Suffolk Lane was rifled through, though it appeared nothing had been taken, overnight from July 9 to July 10, police said.
A $600 bicycle was taken from the back of an unlocked vehicle parked in the driveway of home on the 300 block of Valley Road in Merion Station. The theft was reported July 14, police said.
An iPod Classic and iPod Touch, valued at $350 total, were stolen from an unlocked car parked in the driveway of a home on the 600 block of Rivere Road overnight from July 13 to 14, police said.