Lower Merion police on Monday afternoon reported the following Ardmore-area incidents from the past week:
- Theft from building: Several items have been reported missing from an elderly couple's Haverford apartment between Oct. 16 and Nov. 26, police said. Among them are two watches worth $6,000 apiece and a $50,000 diamond ring. The home is on the 400 block of Old Lancaster Road.
- Retail theft: A woman is suspected of stealing $4,000 in sunglasses from the Ardmore Sunglass Hut on three different days in November, police said. The thefts occurred Nov. 2, Nov. 3 and Nov. 23, and each time surveillance footage showed a 5-foot-6-inch, 150-pound black woman in her mid-30s taking Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada and Ray-Ban sunglasses, police said.
- Retail theft: Two men are suspected of stealing phones from two Lancaster Avenue stores early in the afternoon of Nov. 27. About 12:30 p.m., four Samsung Galaxy phones worth $2,200 in all were stolen from the Bryn Mawr AT&T Wireless store, police said. Then about 1 p.m., two iPhones worth $1,300 in all were stolen from the Verizon store in Ardmore. The men in both cases are described as black men in their late 20s, one with a goatee and one with a bald head and full pointed beard.
- Drug possession: An 18-year-old Lower Merion School District student from Haverford was cited for marijuana possession on the bus ride home from school Nov. 29, after the bus driver pulled over on Remington Road and police came to the scene, police said.
- Burglary attempt: Someone shattered glass in the rear exterior door of a home on the 500 block of Haverford Road in Penn Wynne in the late morning Nov. 30, police said. A resident and her home health care aide had gone out for two hours and returned to find the rear exterior door damaged but the interior door intact and unbreached. There was nothing reported missing from inside the house.
- Burglary: A Penn Road home in Wynnewood was burglarized Nov. 30 while the homeowner exercised upstairs, police said. Exterior French doors had been left unlocked, and sometime between noon and 1:15 p.m. that day, someone entered and stole an iPod and iPhone.
- Drug possession: A 21-year-old Connecticut resident was cited Dec. 1 after police found a pill bottle of marijuana in his car during a traffic stop, police said.
- Simple assault, drug possession: Two Harriton High School female students were disciplined for fighting about noon Nov. 27, police said. After the fight, a male friend of one of the girls was pulled out of class on suspicion of sending harassing texts to the other girl. Marijuana was found in a plastic bag next to his belongings in the classroom he left, police said.
- Theft from building: One Harriton High School female student stole another's iPhone on Nov. 27, police said. The girl found her phone was missing from the locker room after gym class that day, and police traced the phone's GPS signal to a Rosemont home. Officers who responded there encountered a teenage girl who handed over the phone and said she had stolen it, police said.