Lower Merion Police confirmed Monday that two men approached tellers inside the on East Wynnewood Avenue at about 10:30 a.m. on Friday, with one of them wielding a silver semi-automatic handgun and demanding money.
Several tellers gave the two men an undisclosed amount of money.
The two robbers then fled south on Morris Avenue; they were last seen at the corner of Morris and Lancaster avenues. Both men were described as black, dark-skinned, 20 to 25 years old, between 5 feet 7 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall; and roughly 145 to 150 pounds.
Police told Patch on Monday that no further information was available.
The following crimes were also reported by Lower Merion Police on Monday:
- Burglary: The owners of a home on the 600 block of Hazelhurst Avenue in Merion Station reported that between 8:45 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 8, someone forced entry through their bathroom window and stole a $1,200 video camera and an undisclosed amount of cash.
- A homeowner on the 200 block of Edgemont Road in Ardmore reported Wednesday that a laptop computer, cable box and Nintendo game system had gone missing.
- Theft: Six cast-iron lampposts inscribed with the word "Merion" that had been stored behind the were taken sometime on Friday, June 10. The posts were valued at $3,500 each. The Merion Tribute House is on the 600 block of Hazelhurst Avenue in Merion Station.
- An employee of the Golden Image tanning salon on the 500 block of West Lancaster Avenue in Ardmore had a $200 Samsung cell phone stolen in a five-minute period, around 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, June 7, police said.
- Public intoxication: A 52-year-old woman from the 5900 block of Thompson Street in Philadelphia was cited for public intoxication about 8:25 p.m. Friday, June 10, at the Wendy's restaurant on the 200 block of City Avenue in Merion Station.
- A 22-year-old man from the 400 block of Parkview Drive in Wynnewood was charged with public intoxication after he was found sleeping in his car at a gas pump at about 6:45 a.m. Tuesday, June 7.