On Monday afternoon, reported to news media the following incidents from the past week in Ardmore, Merion Station and Wynnewood:
- Burglary: A home on the 400 block of Haverford Avenue in Merion Station was broken into sometime from June 21 through June 24, police said. A rear kitchen door was found damaged and standing open when the homeowners returned. An unknown amount of jewelry was taken.
- Burglary: An Apple computer was taken from an unlocked home on the 200 block of Cross Hill Road in Penn Wynne between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. June 23.
- DUI: A man was charged with driving under the influence about 12:45 a.m. June 25 and was found to have an outstanding warrant from 2010, police said. The driver was clocked between 55 and 60 mph on Lancaster Avenue near Lankenau drive, narrowly missing hitting a parked car, police said.
- Theft: Ten pairs of $5 sunglasses were stolen from the store in Wynnewood about 1:15 p.m. June 22, police said. A man was later arrested at the 7-Eleven in Haverford Township and charged with the theft.
- Public intoxication/disorderly conduct: A Brownie's patron knocked over barriers and cursed at patrons after being asked to leave about 1:35 a.m. June 21, police said. His blood alcohol level tested at 0.20.
- Public intoxication: A woman was cited on the 110 block of Ardmore Avenue at about 1:40 p.m. June 20, police said.
- Public intoxication: A man was found passed out on the sidewalk at the Ardmore train station about 9:50 p.m. June 24, police said. His blood alcohol level registered 0.23.
Updated 4 p.m. on 6/26 to correct the location of Five Below.