A dog was electrocuted by a downed wire on Thursday morning on Mayflower Lane in Wynnewood, according to Chief Fire Officer Chas McGarvey.
The dog escaped from the house, came in contact with a power line that was down from the storm and was electrocuted, McGarvey said.
The dog’s owner and her two children had gone looking for the dog in the yard, McGarvey said, and once they spotted it, the two children began running toward the dog. Luckily, McGarvey said, the mother was able to grab her children before they got near to the animal.
“We got very close to having two dead children, but the mother was quick enough in her actions to prevent that,” McGarvey said.
As of 12:30 p.m., PECO is on scene working to clear the wire, McGarvey said.