Downed Wire Electrocutes Dog in Wynnewood

The event occurred just before 11 a.m. on Thursday.

A dog was electrocuted by a downed wire on Thursday morning on Mayflower Lane in Wynnewood, according to Chief Fire Officer Chas McGarvey.

The dog escaped from the house, came in contact with a power line that was down from the storm and was electrocuted, McGarvey said.

The dog’s owner and her two children had gone looking for the dog in the yard, McGarvey said, and once they spotted it, the two children began running toward the dog. Luckily, McGarvey said, the mother was able to grab her children before they got near to the animal.

“We got very close to having two dead children, but the mother was quick enough in her actions to prevent that,” McGarvey said.

As of 12:30 p.m., PECO is on scene working to clear the wire, McGarvey said.

Brian A. November 01, 2012 at 05:41 PM
How sad. My thoughts go out to the family of the dog, I can't imagine the pain they must be in right now.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »