Lower Merion police responded to approximately 317 calls the week ending Dec. 23 throughout Ardmore, Merion Station, Wynnewood, Penn Wynne and Haverford, the same number of calls for service received the previous week.
A version of the department's most recent report, sorted by the type of incident and culled of incidents throughout the rest of Lower Merion, is attached to this article.
From Dec. 17 to 23, the police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) included:
- Three burglaries: 500 block Putnam Rd in Merion Station, 600 block Lancaster Ave. in Wynnewood, and unit block of Blancoyd Rd. in Merion Station.
- One burglary attempt on the unit block of Blancoyd Rd. in Merion Station
- One reported drug overdose
- One case of marijuana possession
- One DUI
- 10 fires
- Three reported assaults
- A purse snatching, on the unit block of E Lancaster Ave. in Ardmore at 7:07 p.m. on Dec. 23.
- Five thefts from buildings, and one reported retail theft
See the full report in the attached PDF.