1. The Lower Merion Board of School Directors will meet at 8 p.m. Monday in the district administrative office's first floor board room (301 E Montgomery Ave, Ardmore). Included on the agenda is a presentation on high school enrollment projections, among other items. View the agenda.
2. WP Realty will present its tentative sketch plans for the new expanded Whole Foods Market at a joint Wynnewood and Shortridge Civic Association meeting on Tuesday. The meeting will be held Feb. 12 at 7:30 p.m. in Lower Merion High School's first floor large group instruction room (315 E Montgomery Ave, Ardmore).
3. Lower Merion's Building and Planning Committee meets at approximately 6:20 p.m. Wednesday in the township building. Township commissioners will consider elements of proposals that advanced from last week's Plan Commission session, including:
- renovations of Gladwyne Elementary School
- an aquaponics greenhouse at Riverbend Environmental Education Center in Gladwyne
- a yet-unspoken-for restaurant space in the Wynnewood Shopping Center
- an apartment complex at Righters Ferry Road and the Schuylkill River in Bala Cynwyd
4. Due to Feb. 18's Presidents Day holiday, all Lower Merion School District schools will have early dismissal on Thursday and no school Friday and Monday.
5. PIAA District 1 basketball playoffs begin this weekend.
For AAAA programs (the state's largest), the opening round for boys is Friday, Feb. 15, and for girls Saturday, Feb. 16.
AAA schools do not begin district playoffs until Feb. 19 (for girls) and Feb. 23 (for boys).