No weekend plans yet? Patch is to the rescue. Here are our picks for the activities to hit this weekend, including an art sale for young artists at Main Line Art Center, a charity push-up event, and facepainting and hula hoops at Linwood Park's birthday celebration on Saturday.
- When/Where: Friday, May 18 from 6 to 9 p.m. at , 746 Panmure Road, Haverford
- Why Go: Local artists ages 21-35 are invited to come show and sell their artwork at a one-night event at Main Line Art Center on Friday. The event is free and the public is encouraged to attend, enjoy the art and support young local artists; all the artwork is priced below $350. A BBQ dinner is also available for an additional cost. Artists can sign up or walk in to sell their art, for a fee. For more details, read .
- Cost: Free to attend, $20 to show artwork (walk-in cost)
Sisterhood Shabbat at Main Line Reform Temple
- When/Where: Friday, May 18 at 8 p.m. at , 410 Montgomery Ave., Wynnewood
- Why Go: World-class scholar and human rights activist, Dr. Henriette Dahan-Kalev, renowned for her groundbreaking studies on gender, class and ethnicity conflicts in Israel, will be the guest speaker at Main Line Reform's Sisterhood Shabbat on Friday. MLRT says, "it will be an exciting evening at MLRT ... one that Sisterhood hopes to share with all those who support and advocate for the rights of women."
- When/Where: Saturday, May 19 at 9 a.m. at , 1325 Montgomery Ave., Wynnewood
- Why Go: Pushups for Charity is an annual event that raises support for the Boot Campaign in support of veterans, our military, and severely injured servicemen and women. Pushups for Charity participants do as many pushups as they can in 90 seconds, getting friends, family and coworkers to donate a dollar amount for every pushup done in that minute and a half. For more information, visit the Pushups for Charity website.
- When/Where: Saturday, May 19 at , 737 S Ithan Ave, Bryn Mawr. Registration starts at 8 a.m., race starts at 9 a.m.
- Why Go: Hill Top Preparatory School, a co-educational school that teaches students in grades five through 12 with diagnosed learning disabilities, will hold its "Thrill on the Hill" 5K on Saturday. There will be prizes for the top finishers, and following the 5K, the school will hold its 40th birthday celebration.
- Cost: $20 pre-registration, $25 day-of registration
- When/Where: Saturday, May 19 from 4 p.m. to dark at, Linwood Ave. and E Athens Ave., Ardmore
- Why Go: Linwood Park is celebrating its second birthday on Saturday. According to the Friends of Linwood Park Facebook page, the event will include face painting by , hula hooping with Leah of Loopdihoops, "old-fashioned three-legged races and egg races, a plant walk (check out all the beautiful plants and learn their names and how to keep them happy), a nature scavenger hunt, and a magic and comedy show at 5 p.m. by The Great Holtzie," along with food samples from . Bring a picnic dinner, drinks and snacks and join the fun.
- Cost: Free
Did we miss something? Tell us in the comments.