There's something for everyone going on this weekend in and around Ardmore. Listen to some folk music on Sunday, participate in a scavenger hunt that will take you all over the Main Line, and more. Check out our picks for weekend fun, below.
- When/Where: Sunday, Jan. 8 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at 's Cherry Auditorium.
- Why Go: This is part of the One Book One Jewish Community program and is based on the 2011-2012 selection The List by long-time NBC reporter Martin Fletcher. The List is a compelling and suspenseful story of Jewish refugees in England post -World War II and clandestine actions to establish the State of Israel. There will be time for questions and answers.
- Cost: Free
- When/Where: Sunday, Jan 8 at 7 p.m. at , 382 Bala Ave, Bala Cynwyd
- Why Go: Drummer Elaine and her daughter, trumpeter Susan, are internationally celebrated for their musical skill, ingenuity and cultural knowledge. Their exceptional repertoire of new and ancient sounds includes special and distinct songs written by and for each child, grandchild, and for special occasions.
- Cost: $10
- When/Where: Saturday, Jan. 7 at 1 p.m. starting from Bryn Mawr Running Company, 828 W. Lancaster Ave., Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: Who says you're too old for a scavenger hunt? The iPhind Run is a one-of-a-kind scavenger hunt with no pre-determined course. Put together a team of two, three or four people and run wild through the Main Line locating as many hidden items as you can before time runs out. Winners are based on points and potential tie breakers come down to challenges completed during the run.
- Cost: $25. You can pre-register at the store, visit www.runtheday.com, or
bring cash and register on raceday. Either way, youʼll need a team of 2-4
people, and at least one iPhone among the group.
- When/Where: Saturday, Jan. 7 at 7 p.m. at , 1301 Rose Glen Rd, Gladwyne
- Why Go: Explore the wintry trails of Rolling Hill Park in search of nocturnal critters of fur and feather, past glowing ruins and hushed meadows, listening for hooting owls. Enjoy handmade goodies by a blazing bonfire, and start the year off giving thanks to the moon with stories of constellations and lunar lore. Bring a flashlight, dress warmly, and meet by the parking lot in Rolling Hill Park.
- Cost: $4/person, $10/family
- When/Where: Monday, Jan. 9 at 9 p.m. at Bryn Mawr Film Institute, 842 W. Lancaster Ave, Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: Filmed in Malvern, "Following Chase" is an 11-minute film by Wynnewood-based film studio Crossbow Studio. The film will be screened Monday night, along with several other local, independent projects.
- Cost: Free
- When/Where: Saturday, Jan. 7. The event has moved from the in Ardmore to the TK Club at Hector & Apple Streets in Conshohocken. Dance lesson at 7:30 p.m. and band places from 8:30 p.m. to midnight.
- Why Go: Burn off some holiday calories while groovin' to the beat.
- Cost: $20