1. Meet a New York Times bestselling author at a lunch benefiting BreastCancer.org this Wednesday. Gordon D’Angelo, author of “Vision: Your Pathway to Victory,” will speak Oct. 3 from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Suburban Square. Get more info on the free event and how to reserve your spot here.
2. A discussion of red light cameras in Lower Merion will take place at the Board of Commissioners' Police Committee meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
3. The proposed revision of rules on converting churches to multi-family homes will be discussed at the Board of Commissioners' Building and Planning Committee meeting Wednesday night.
4. The Lower Merion Library System will hold its first Community Health Expo on Saturday. The event, running from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Ludington Library's Large Meeting Room (5 S Bryn Mawr Ave, Bryn Mawr) will provide fitness and health information, free blood pressure screenings and free BMI tests. Read more here.
5. Sunday, the Ardmore Rotary Club will host a pancake breakfast benefiting the Merion Fire Co. of Ardmore. Tickets are $7, and the event runs from 7 a.m. to noon. Attendees can also enter a raffle for the chance to win a 50" plasma TV. Get more information on the breakfast here.