is its seventh year, but this month’s iteration is running against a pair of celebrations that are a bit more time honored.
‘We’re expecting it to be less busy than usual, because it’s the first night of Passover and Good Friday,” admitted First Friday executive director .
But despite the stiff competition, the show must go on.
“I can’t control the calendar or the weather,” Tillman joked, “but I’d like to.”
What she can control is the artists who participate. And on April 6, she promised, attendees won’t be disappointed.
“We’re going to have some great art, some great music, and, as I said on the website, we are springing forward.”
See below for a full list of the acts:
- will be featuring limited editions and originals from Fine Art Liaisons. It promises to be an eclectic selection of artwork ranging from original oils and pastels to serigraphs and giclees. Fine Art Liaisons specializes in corporate art consulting and offers a wide range of original work, as well as, quality custom framing.
- will be hosting painter Sherry McVicker from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. McVicker specializes in paintings of barns.
- will also be the venue for the musical stylings of Dr. Rich Russell from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. From the First Friday website: Come join Dr. Rich & listen & enjoy all the timeless classics he will perform this first Friday @ Firinji restaurant in Ardmore. He is sure to please, everyone agrees, he will bring you to your knees with his inspired tunes. So don't miss out on this magnificent concert event.
- For families, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., will hold an open playgym. Children up to five years of age and their parent are invited to enjoy open play time. It’s free for members and $5 for non-members.
- will host Pam Iacone. Iacone is an artist who works in many mediums—mostly abstract painting, and pen and ink illustration.
- will host Heather Maloney with Allison's Invention and Jessica Smucker. Tickets are $8 presale and $10 the day of the show. It will also continue to feature The Melmark Traveling Art Show—an exhibit comprised entirely of the work of autistic children who attend .
- From 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., will host Media-based band “One Lane Bridge,” who will be joined by special guest Dolores Magro