This Friday night, locals can swing into spring in Ardmore—and tap dance, ballroom dance, and belly dance into spring, too, if you feel like it.
First Friday Main Line returns on May 4 to host a block party on Cricket Avenue that focuses on the art of dance.
The free party runs from 6 to 10 p.m., with a group of pint-sized ballroom dancers kicking things off at 6:30 p.m. Throughout the night, partygoers can see and dance alongside tap dancers, swing dancers, indigenous dancers and belly dancers.
Some of the participating groups include:
- Dancing Classrooms Philly Allstars Ballroom
- V Renee Price School of Dance
- Tapography with David Persia
- Tribal Fusion & interpretive belly dancing from Jenna Bowles
- Lindy Hop Champions Carsten Starke & Karen Ploucquet
- First Position Dance Arts, home of Indigenous Pitch Dance Collective
- Swing Dance with Paul Salter & Sam Sheesley
- Gin Canaries Swing Band
Paintings, photography and sculptures will also be featured throughout the Ardmore area, including at , and ; check the FFML website for the full list.
"What I think is so cool about all the First Friday events is even if we just have music, people will just get up and dance—kids do it, old people get up and dance, everyone does it," said. "There are people that are so excited to have something in their neighborhood and you know—it’s just so cool to be dancing in the street."
Next month's First Friday event, on June 1, will be the annual car show. Check out photos from .