Patch wants to get to know the owner of Jack McShea's in Ardmore and McShea's Restaurant & Bar, a long-run local bar and a staple in Narberth. Get to know this owner below.
Name: John McShea
Owner of: McShea's Restaurant & Bar in Narberth and Jack McShea's in Ardmore (run by his brother Neil).
Year Established: McShea's opened in 1996; Jack McShea's opened in 2012.
Hometown: Broomall—went to high school at Cardinal O'Hara High School in Springfield.
Current Residence: Havertown
Earlier Stints: Right outside of high school, I worked at The Greeks as a cook. I studied at the Culinary Institute of America. When I left The Greeks, this place became available.
Favorite Meal at McShea's: Corned beef with a pint of Guinness and a Powers whiskey on the side.
What do you like about the area?
I like the area a lot. Narberth and the Main Line area is a great place to do business. This area has been very good to us. Even through the financial woes and the drama in 2009—it was hard on everybody—but we've been fine since then and up to that point.
Have you been to Ireland?
Just once before children but I hope to go again soon.
Read more about McShea's on Patch here:
- McShea's: The Best St. Paddy's Day Destination (March 16, 2012)
- (Feb. 2, 2012)
- McShea's of Narberth to Take Over J.R. Monaghan's in Ardmore (Jan. 3, 2012)
- Be Another Kind of Cool at Narberth 'Blues Crawl' Saturday Night (July 23, 2011)
- Restaurant Review: McShea's in Narberth (May 12, 2011)
- Moms Eat Local: McShea's (May 10, 2011)