Several area restaurants are donating a portion of their proceeds today, May 25, to “Taste for Fire,” which benefits local volunteer firefighters.
“Taste for Fire” is sponsored by the Main Line Chamber Foundation, a non-profit that aims to enhance the quality of life along the Main Line through the promotion of education and volunteerism, according to a statement from Lower Merion Township.
The foundation provides scholarships of up to $1,000 per volunteer firefighter to assist with undergraduate tuition.
“The funds collected directly benefit volunteer firefighters and volunteer emergency medical services personnel who selflessly donate their time—and in some cases, put their lives on the line,” said Bill Grim, chair of the Main Line Chamber Foundation.
Participating restaurants include:
- , 1149 Lancaster Ave., Rosemont
- Verdad Restaurant and Tequila Bar, 818 W. Lancaster Ave., Bryn Mawr
- The Old Guard House Inn, 953 Youngs Ford Road, Gladwyne
- , 34 W. Lancaster Ave., Ardmore
- , 593 W. Lancaster Ave., St. Davids
- Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza, 321 E. Lancaster Ave., Wayne
- , 629 W. Lancaster Ave., Wayne
- Alfredo, 668 Lancaster Ave., Berwyn
For more information, visit www.tasteforfire.org or call 484-580-9012.