Suburban Square, the Main Line’s premier shopping destination, is extending its free outdoor music series into the month of July. The concert series will feature new regional musical acts each Wednesday in July from 5 to 7 p.m. in the Main Courtyard.
“We’re thrilled to extend our local music showcase into the month of July,” said Mark Curran, General Manager of Suburban Square. “There’s no shortage of talent in our area and we’re happy that families can continue to enjoy the incredible entertainment, shopping and dining Suburban Square has to offer.”
July’s schedule is as follows. All performances will take place from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
· July 2 - Tonebenders, a band recognized for its unique combination of classic rock and power pop, brings listeners a side of twang. Featuring four of the area’s most respected, in-demand musicians, the Tonebenders make any night feel like a true rock-n-roll celebration.
· July 9 - W&E Swing, a guitarist duo, along with their three accompanists, play classic swing hits from the great American Songbook. From hits like “Take the A Train” to “It Don’t Mean a Thing,” kick back, relax and prepare to groove with a band that will keep your toes tappin’.
· July 16 - Rockafillys will bring a double shot of jumpin’ blues, a splash of rockability and a twist of three-girl harmonies. Gather your friends and family because the Rockafillys mix up a cocktail that will make you want to get up and dance.
· July 23 - Phyllis Chapell & SIORA blends the sounds of North America, South America, Europe and the Middle East. Named one of the top 500 jazz vocalists of all time by well-known commentator Scott Yanow, Phyllis Chapell takes listeners on a contemporary jazz journey of the soul.
· July 30 – Beats Walkin’, Philly’s premier Texas Swing band, carries on the tradition of western swing music with fiddle and steel guitar. The band boasts a tight rhythm section, dynamic vocal harmonies, and a repertoire that spans everything from Bob Wills to Cole Porter.