No weekend plans yet? Patch is to the rescue. Here are our picks for the activities to hit this weekend. Did we miss something? Tell us in the comments.
(Going out for brunch on Mother's Day? Here's a few in the region.)
- When/Where: 8 p.m. on Saturday, May 12 at in Ardmore, 2 E Lancaster Ave.
- Why Go: "Mike Shax, the host (of over a year) of our Tuesday Open Mic, brings his whole band in along with Old Man Cactus and Kevin Manning as support. Mike's band can be considered a rollicking tribute to the folksy, family band type of stuff that is always fun to watch and hear."
- Cost: $10
- When/Where: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, May 12 at 71 E. Lancaster Ave. (the parking lot right next to the ).
- Why Go: Gather with neighbors on Saturday morning for this open house event, which includes face painting, a chance to meet Freckles the Clown, and a Police K-9 demonstration.
- Cost: Free
- When/Where: 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, May 12, at , 100 E Lancaster Ave, Wynnewood
- Why Go: "This special celebration is for mothers and their adult daughters to share a morning of learning, pampering and relaxation. Together, hear from our panel as they discuss how women can help themselves remain physically and emotionally healthy as they age." Reserve your spot now by calling 866-225-5654.
- Cost: $5 registration fee; space is limited. Call 866-225-5654 to make a reservation.
- When/Where: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 12 at St. Christopher's Church, 226 Righters Mill Rd, Gladwyne
- Why Go: This old-fashioned country fair and flea market includes games and prizes for kids, a giant super slide, a photo booth, goldfish and bowls, horse-drawn carriage rides through Gladwyne, face painting, gifts for mom, live music and more. All proceeds benefit community outreach programs.
- Cost: Free
- When/Where: 8 p.m. on Saturday, May 12 at , 45 Haverford Rd, Wynnewood
- Why Go: Get ready for a night of "casino-style gaming, a scintillating silent auction and sumptuous food and drink." This is the fourth annual Bet on the J event, which this year honors Michael Barkann of Comcast SportsNet and SportsRadio 94WIP for his generous support of the JCC Maccabi Games over the years. The event also includes horse racing, craps, roulette, blackjack and poker.
- Cost: $75 per person, which gets you: $25 in chips to get you going, hors d'oeuvres and dessert, open bar