- The biggest (certainly the Germanest) event of the weekend is Ardmore Oktoberfest, which runs from 2-8 p.m. Saturday on Cricket Avenue. There will be food, drinks, music and children's activities throughout. See ardmoreoktoberfest.com for details.
- Earlier in the day, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, is the 23rd Annual Harriton Plantation Fair at Harriton House, 500 Harriton Road in Bryn Mawr. The free event features historical activities for children and adults. More information is available at the event's Patch calendar listing.
- Saturday is also Community Day at Lankenau Medical Center in Wynnewood. Besides refreshments, rides and music, health screenings will be available. See Patch's event calendar for more information.
- To observe National Public Lands Day, volunteers will be working at Cynwyd Station Park at 1 p.m. Saturday. Find more information on Patch's event calendar.
- Lower Merion Conservancy and Merion Civic Association will conduct a Merion House & Garden Tour on foot at 1 p.m. Sunday. Patch's calendar has the details.