- Government: The Lower Merion Housing Element Committee is meeting on Tuesday at 5 p.m. to review the framework for a comprehensive plan. Click here to get the full agenda.
- Fun: On Tuesday at 7 p.m., the Bryn Mawr Film Institute's Summer Classics Seminar continues with a screening of Brief Encounter, a 1945 Academy Award nominee about an unexpected attraction that springs up between a man and a woman at a train station in South England. For more info, check out BMFI's event listing here.
- Traffic: Check out the PennDOT traffic cameras to get a beat on how traffic looks this morning. A prediction: not great.
- Weather: The forecast calls for scattered thunderstorms with highs in the high 70s. Temperatures should dip into the low 60s overnight, with a 20 percent chance of rain.
- History: Per the History Channel, on this day in 1961, soldiers from East Germany began laying brick and barbed wire between East Berlin, which was controlled by the soviets, and the western part of the city. The effort ultimately culminated in the Berlin Wall.