If you are not registered to vote and wish to do so, you can go to Montgomery County voter registration website and download the form. There is also a list of frequently asked questions. This form needs to be back to Montgomery County no later than Oct. 9 so get it now.
If you have questions about whether or not you are registered or how you are registered, you can go to www.VotesPA.com, click on "register to vote" then click on "confirm your registration," and click voter registration database. Only fill in the info with the *. If you are registered, the results will show your name as it appears in the voter rolls and your polling location. If nothing comes up, either your name does not match or you are not registered to vote. Try again.
You can call Voter Services in Montgomery County at 610-278-3280. If you are recently married, remember that the name on your ID must match the name on your registration. If you changed it on your ID, but not your registration, fill out a voter registration form, check name change. This too needs to be back to Montgomery County no later than Oct. 9 so get it now. *
These are the acceptable forms of photo ID for voting:
- PA driver's license or non-driver's license photo ID not more than 12 months past their expiration date as of election day.
- Photo ID issued by PA care facilities, including long-term care, assisted living or personal care that have an expiration date and are NOT expired.
- Photo ID issued by accredited PA public or private colleges, universities or seminaries that have an expiration date and are NOT expired.
- A US passport that is NOT expired
- A Dept of State ID that is NOT expired.
- Employee IDs issued by Federal, PA State, PA County or PA Municipal governments that have an expiration date and are NOT expired.
- US military IDs - active duty and retired military (a military or verteran's ID must designate an expiration date or designate the the expiration date is indefinate); military dependents' IDs must contain an expiration date and NOT be expired.
ID's do not need an address or even a current address.
If you are registered to vote and need an absentee ballot application, you can go to the Montgomery County website and download the application or call the election board at 610-278-3275. You must be registered to vote to apply for an absentee ballot application. Make sure they are the current forms with space for the driver's license number or last 4 digits of your social security number. Old forms will not work.
*Voters' names on their photo IDs do not need to exactly match their voter registration, but the names must "substantially conform." Do not worry about middle names and initials, they are more concerned with last names matching.
If you have any questions about registering to vote, getting voter ID, absentee ballots or whether your id or name is good to vote, call the Commitee of 70 at 1-866-OUR-VOTE or email me at voterIDhelp@gmail.com