What's Open, What's Closed, on New Year's Day
A look at what will (and won't) be open on Day One of 2012.
Here's a snapshot of what will and won't be open around town on Jan. 1.
And remember, because the the first day of 2012 is a Sunday, the national holiday actually falls on Monday, Jan. 2--most of these listings, if not all, apply on that day, too.
- Genuardi's, Wynnewood: Opens at 7 a.m.
- 7-Eleven, Wynnewood: 24 hours
- Wawa, Ardmore: 24 hours
- CVS/Pharmacy, Ardmore: 24 hours
- Rite Aid: Ardmore is open 24 hours while Wynnewood is open regular hours (though its pharmacy closes at 6 p.m.)
- Snap Fitness 24/7: Members only, 24 hours
- John Henry's Pub of Ardmore: Open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- SuperFresh: Open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Whole Foods Market: Open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Philadelphia Sports Clubs: Open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Planet Fitness: Opens at 7 a.m.