Weekend Top 5: Caroling, Sandy Relief and More
Check out these great events close to home and around the region this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out our top regional events:
- When: Saturday, Dec. 22 at 7 p.m.
- Where: New Leaf Club, 1225 Montrose Ave, Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: Wilson Vocal Academy and New Leaf have teamed up to host a Hurricane Sandy relief concert. Enjoy a night of holiday and inspirational music for a cause. The cafe will be open and serving festive food and drink!
- Cost: $10
- When: Friday, Dec. 21 from 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Rolling Hill Park, 1301 Rose Glen Rd, Gladwyne
- Why Go: The Lower Merion Conservancy and Riverbend Environmental Education Center host this community tradition. Celebrate the longest night of the year with family and friends around a blazing bonfire. Listen to stories, search the sky for distant constellations, take a short hike on darkened trails, and warm up with snacks. Dress warmly, bring a flashlight, and park at the top of Rolling Hill Park.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Dec. 22 and Sunday, Dec. 23 from Noon - 6 p.m.
- Where: Mt Airy Art Garage, 11 W. Mt. Airy Ave
- Why Go: Featuring all original fine art and handcrafts by local Northwest artists.
- Cost: Free
- When: December 22 at 5 and 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Linvilla Orchards, 137 N Knowlton Rd, Media
- Why Go: Celebrate the ancient tradition of Wassailing and sing Christmas Carols around a campfire. Roast marshmallows and enjoy delicious apple cider.
- Cost: $5 per person
- When: Saturday, Dec. 22 from 9 a.m. - Noon
- Where: Haverford Reserve, CREC
- Why Go: Bring your family to the CREC for a delicious breakfast with Old St. Nick. After breakfast we'll keep the festival going with music, games, holiday themed crafts and end our day with a "snowball fight". All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Cost: $12 for breakfast, $12 for Winter Wonderland or $20 for both. Under 2 free.