Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
The Week Ahead: 5 Things to Know
A heads up for those who live or work in Ardmore, Merion, Penn Wynne and Wynnewood.
‹ Back to Article
LA Fitness may move into the old Borders space in the Wynnewood Shopping Center, if the Zoning Hearing Board approves a use variance allowing a fitness club use for the space.
The Week Ahead
- Lane restrictions in Ardmore: Both Ardmore Avenue and Wynnewood Road, between County Line Road and Lancaster Avenue, will experience lane restrictions through Thursday, according to PennDOT. The restrictions, caused by milling and paving work, will occur between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. Sunday through Thursday.
- The Lower Merion Board of Commissioners will discuss Township Manager Doug Cleland's contract on Wednesday, July 11. Cleland's contract expired in December 2011, and scheduled contract discussions have been pushed back several times. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. on Wednesday in the township building's second floor board room (75 E Lancaster Ave, Ardmore).
- On Wednesday night, the Building and Planning Committee will vote on whether to approve Federal Realty's tentative sketch plans for a bank and a restaurant, both proposed as options to fill the vacant postal service space in Wynnewood Shopping Center. At last week's Planning Commission meeting, both plans were recommended for approval—unanimously, for the restaurant, and 5-1, for the bank. Read the agenda.
- Also on Wednesday night's agenda, the Library Committee will vote on whether to undertake simultanous renovations on the Ardmore and Gladwyne libraries. The renovations would shut Ardmore Library down for approximately 10 to 12 months, according to Christine Stekel, Director of Libraries. Read the agenda here. The Library Committee meeting is scheduled for approximately 6:35 p.m. in the second floor board room of the township building (75 E. Lancaster Ave., Ardmore).
- On Thursday, the Zoning Hearing Board will consider for approval a use variance that would allow LA Fitness to move into the old Borders space in Wynnewood Shopping Center. When contacted last week by Patch, shopping center owner Federal Realty would not provide further information. The meeting is at 7:15 p.m. on Thursday in the township building's second floor meeting room. Read the agenda here.
The Ardmore-Merion-Wynnewood Patch
See the full guide!
Valentine's Shopping Guide