The Week Ahead: 5 Things To Know
A heads up for those who live or work in Ardmore, Merion Station, Wynnewood, Penn Wynne and Haverford.
- Advanced Placement tests are scheduled all week for certain Harriton and Lower Merion high school students.
- Developers will present a preliminary land development plan for a proposed apartment complex at Palmer Seminary at the Building and Planning Committee meeting on Wednesday, May 9. The preliminary plan calls for the construction of 132 apartments on the current Palmer Seminary property at the corner of Lancaster Avenue/Route 30 and City Avenue. The meeting will begin at approximately 7:30 p.m. at the Township Administration Building, 75 E. Lancaster Ave, and the full agenda is available here.
- Ardmore Initiative will host a roundtable discussion regarding the proposed development of Cricket Avenue's parking lot on Thursday, May 10 at 8 a.m. at the Ardmore Initiative office, 56 E Lancaster Ave. Other Ardmore Transit-related issues will also be discussed. For more information, visit the Ardmore Initiative website.
- Schuylkill Expressway lane closures are scheduled for 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, May 10. The right eastbound lane of Interstate 76 between King of Prussia and City Avenue will be closed for road work, according to PennDOT.
- The annual Township Open House will take place on Saturday, May 12 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 71 E. Lancaster Ave. (the parking lot right next to the township building). The event includes face painting, a chance to meet Freckles the Clown, and a Police K-9 demonstration.