The Week Ahead: 5 Things To Know
A heads up on happenings this week in Ardmore, Merion, Wynnewood and Haverford.
- Post offices, banks and libraries are all closed on Monday, May 28 for Memorial Day. Most grocery stores have regular hours. See a bigger list of what's open and what's closed on Memorial Day around town.
- An excessive heat warning has been issued by the National Weather Service from noon on Monday through 7 p.m. Tuesday, due to temperatures that may reach 90 degrees on both days. On Wednesday, a high of 86 is expected, and by Thursday, the NWS expects temperatures will cool to 77 degrees.
- There will be lane closures on I-476 N between Route 30 and I-76 on Wednesday and Thursday from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The CD release party for Lower Merion School District's student-run record label, Ace The Ram, will be held Friday night at 8 p.m. at MilkBoy in Ardmore. The show features acts from Harriton and Lower Merion High Schools, including Brundle Fly, 13 Lines, DJ Scribe and Poor Fred Noonan, who recently won the Battle of Burbs competition.
- There's a busy weekend coming up: First Friday's car show, the last Clover Market of the season, an Israeli market in Merion, a dance and caberet, and an artist reception at Main Line Art Center, just to name a few. So, start making your plans now.