The Week Ahead: 5 Things to Know
A heads up for those who live or work in Ardmore, Merion and Wynnewood.
- Monday night's Planning Commission meeting will look at tentative sketch plans for a new business in Wynnewood Shopping Center. On the agenda for consideration is a plan to demolish a 4,052 square foot building and build a drive-through bank, and another plan to build a restaurant with outdoor seating. Read the full agenda.
- Because of the July 4 holiday, all libraries and government buildings will be closed on July 4. Trash and recycling will operate on a holiday schedule this week due to the July 4 holiday. View the holiday pickup schedule here.
- South Ardmore Betterment Alliance's Fourth of July celebration takes place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday. A parade of bikes, strollers, and wagons decked out in patriotic colors will leave Chestnutwold Elementary at 10 a.m. and end up at Elwell Field, where there will also be field events and other activities. There will also be a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the park's recently installed playground structure.
- Thursday is the Wynnewood Genuardi's last day as Genuardi's supermarket; it closes at 6 p.m. on July 5 and will reopen on (or possibly before) July 15 as a Giant.
- Be sure to nominate your favorites for Ardmore-Merion-Wynnewood Patch's Readers' Choice this week; the nomination period in 20 different categories ends Monday, July 9. After that, voting begins. If a business is not nominated by July 9, it cannot be voted for in the upcoming voting period.