The Week Ahead: 5 Things To Know
A heads up for the week ahead, for those living or working in the Admore, Wynnewood and Merion communities.
- Lower Merion High School on Monday morning will host TEDxLMSD, which will feature a number of activism discussions. The event runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday in the black box theater. Among the speakers is Harriton student Abri Bernstein, who leads a group called "Gems NOT Genocide."
- The Treats For Troops packing event will be held on Tuesday, June 5 at the Lower Merion High School auditorium, beginning at 4 p.m. Lower Merion's middle schools have been collecting items for the military care package item drive for several weeks and will be boxing things to ship overseas on Tuesday. Donations will be accepted up through the packing night, and more information about the drive can be found on the LMSD website.
- The monthly Penn Wynne Civic Association meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday at the Penn Wynne Library.
- Lower Merion High School students graduate on Wednesday, Harriton High School students on Thursday. Both commencement services will be held at 7 p.m. at St. Joseph's University. Check back afterwards for Patch coverage.
- Greenfest, held by state Rep. Tim Briggs in conjunction with the Ardmore Initiative, will be held on Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. The event features games, information on green practices, and a chance to recycle thermometers and shred documents.