Police Investigate Ardmore Burglaries, Thefts
A round-up of police activity the week of Aug. 13-19.
Lower Merion police responded to approximately 376 calls the week of Aug. 13 throughout Ardmore, Merion Station, Wynnewood, Penn Wynne and Haverford, about the same number of calls for service received the previous week.
A version of the department's most recent report, sorted by the type of incident and culled of incidents throughout the rest of Lower Merion, is attached to this article.
Patch also has reported some incidents from the week of Aug. 13 that were relayed in a police briefing.
From Aug. 13 to 19, the police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) included:
- Three burglaries without using force: Aug. 6 on the 200 block of Linwood Rd. in Ardmore, Aug. 7 on the 100 block of Spring Ave. in Ardmore, and Aug. 8 on the 200 block of Cheswold Hill Rd. in Haverford
- Eight domestic disputes
- 1 case of criminal mischief to a car
- Four fires
- Five cases of fraud
- 12 car accidents with property damage
- 1 report of simple assault, on the 200 block of Levering Mill Rd. on Aug. 7
- Seven thefts—three retail thefts, three building thefts, and one bike theft
See the complete list in the attached PDF.