Police Activity: 16 Thefts, 1 Burglary
Police also responded to 11 car accidents and 3 DUIs last week.
Lower Merion police responded to approximately 408 calls the week of June 25 throughout Ardmore, Merion Station, Wynnewood, Penn Wynne and Haverford, down from 461 the week before.
A version of the department's most recent report, sorted by the type of incident and culled of incidents throughout the rest of Lower Merion, is attached to this article.
Patch also has reported some incidents from the week of June 25 that were relayed in a police briefing. Included was a number of thefts from unlocked vehicles in Merion.
From June 25 to July 1, the police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) included:
- 1 burglary, at the 200 block of Edgemont Rd. in Ardmore
- 3 DUIs
- 1 incident of marijuana possession
- 6 fires
- 11 car accidents with property damage
- 1 strong-arm robbery, on June 27 on the unit block of Coulter Ave. in Ardmore
- 16 thefts and four attempted thefts, including two retail thefts and eight thefts from vehicles
Read the report in the attached PDF.