On Sunday morning, more than 40,000 runners near and far participated in the 33rd Annual Broad Street Run in Philadelphia. According to Philly.com, Henry Rutto, 29, of Kenya, won the 10-mile run for the men's division, clocking in at 47 minutes and 6 seconds, while Esther Erb, 26, of North Carolina, won the women's division with 55 minutes and 28 seconds.
Among those who participated, 527 runners represented the Ardmore Patch area—215 from Ardmore, 179 from Wynnewoood, 18 from Merion, 66 from Merion Station and 49 from Haverford.
According to the Broad Street Run race results posted by Active.com, here are some notable finishes in our area:
- Michael McKeeman, 35, of Ardmore, finished sixth overall and second in his division, with a chip time of 49:39.
- Ellen Dougherty, 24, of Ardmore, finished 246th overall and finished third in her division with a chip time of 1:01:54.
- Jerry Gornish, 74, of Merion, finished first in his division with a chip time of 1:20:15.
- Fred Bove, 74, of Wynnewood, finished 10th in his division with a chip time of 1:44:51.
- Viola Terwiesch, 43, of Wynnewood, placed 11th in her division, with a chip time of 1:08:14.
- Jackie Cox, 28, of Wynnewood, finished 32nd among women runners, placed 15th in her division and 308th overall, with a chip time of 1:02:49.
- Evan Hassman, 12, of Wynnewood, finished 32nd in his division with a chip time of 1:02:49.
- Rowan Hassman, 11, finished 63rd in her division with a chip time of 1:44:30.
- Peter Bittinger, 47, of Merion Station, finished 10th in his division with a chip time of 1:01:26.
- Gary Gordon, 65, of Haverford, placed 11th in his division with a chip time of 1:23:52.
Watch a first-person account of the run in the YouTube clip attached to this article.