Get Out: New Years Eve And Beyond
What's going on in the Ardmore Patch area this weekend.
After the craziness of the holiday weekend, it seems like most places are taking it easy this Saturday and Sunday, unless they're gearing up to host a New Years Eve party. Here are our favorite spots for ringing in the new year, plus some ideas for the post-party lull on Sunday. Happy 2012!
- When/Where: Saturday, Dec. 31 from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. at McCloskey's Tavern and Restaurant. 17 Cricket Ave., Ardmore
- Why Go: This bar's event includes an open, top-shelf bar for four hours, with a DJ and midnight champagne toast.
- Cost: $50
- When/Where: Saturday, Dec. 31 from 7 to 10 p.m. at Wynnewood Lanes, 2228 Haverford Road, Ardmore
- Why Go: This three-hour all-you-can-bowl event includes shoes, pizza, snacks, desserts, soft drinks, lights, music, fog, and a New Year's countdown with party favors. Also, there's a grand prize of an iPad2.
- Cost: $25 per person ($20 off if you book an entire lane)
- When/Where: Saturday, Dec. 31 beginning at 10 p.m. at Verdad Restaurant and Tequila Bar, 818 West Lancaster Ave., Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: Try some 2012 Luna Nueva Tequila, as this Mexican restaurant offers $5 margaritas and $2 pork and beef tacos. And, of course, there will be a complimentary champagne toast at midnight.
- When/Where: Saturday, Dec. 31 beginning at 9 p.m. at Mixx Restaurant and Bar, 789 East Lancaster Ave., Villanova
- Why Go: Live music and champagne from this Villanova bar. Check out the Angel Blue Band starting at 9 p.m.
- When/Where: Saturday, Dec. 31 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at John Henry's Pub
- Why Go: Celebrate New Years Eve at John Henry's: the $35 package includes well drinks, wine, beer and appetizers.
- Cost: $35
...couple that with ...
THE WINTER CLASSIC: Flyers vs. Rangers
- When/Where: Sunday, Jan. 1 at 1 p.m., also at John Henry's Pub
- Why Go: Watch the Flyers vs. Rangers game while enjoying $2.50 Molsons and $5 hot roast beef sandwiches. We hear it's a good remedy for New Years Eve hangovers.
Sunday Funday For Charity
- When/Where: Jan. 1 from 12:30 p.m. onward, with Eagles game on at 1 p.m., at JD McGillicuddy's in Ardmore.
- Why Go: Enjoy free giveaways, a DJ, an open bar from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., and fun with friends while watching the game at McGillicuddy's Sunday Funday event. Half of the ticket proceeds go to charity.
- Cost: $40
- When/Where: Monday, Jan. 2 at 9:15 a.m. at Main Line Reform Temple, 410 Montgomery Ave, Wynnewood
- Why Go: Have Monday off? Take advantage of it by starting the new year off right—at a $5 yoga class at Main Line Reform Temple. The classes run every Monday, but you can just go this week if you're normally at work. The class combines combines yoga, core work and balance. Wear comfortable clothes and bring a towel or mat. No experience necessary.
- Cost: $5