Get Out: Pasta, Dancing, Clover Market
What's going on in the Ardmore Patch area this weekend.
No weekend plans yet? Patch is to the rescue. Here are our picks for the activities to hit this weekend. Did we miss something? Tell us in the comments.
- When/Where: Friday, May 4 from 5 to 8:30 p.m., at Saint Mary's Episcopal Church, 36 Ardmore Ave, Ardmore
- Why Go: From LMVUE: enjoy "all-you-can eat pasta with your choice of meat sauce, marinara, puttanesca or vodka rose. Dinner includes salad, drink and dessert. Raffles including one for a brand new iPad 3! Eat in or take out available. Proceeds go to assist Students Doe with their legal expenses."
- Cost: $10/person, $25/family
- When/Where: Friday, May 5 from 6 to 10 p.m. in downtown Ardmore. Block party on Cricket Avenue and Lancaster Avenue. See the FFML website for details on artist locations.
- Why Go: Swing into spring (or tap dance or belly dance). This month, FFML is all about dancing, with the free community event featuring a variety of diverse dance performers. You can sit on the sidelines or join in to your heart's content. Art and music will also be scattered throughout downtown Ardmore; see the FFML website for details.
- Cost: Free
- When/Where: Saturday, May 5 at 9 a.m. at The Baldwin School Athletic Center, 701 Montgomery Avenue, Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: From Baldwin: the run "continues to provide our community at Baldwin and on the Main Line with a better understanding of, and the resources available for, women’s health, empowerment of women, and combating domestic violence. In addition to funding an endowed scholarship in Alex's name, a percentage of the proceeds help underwrite Blue Gray's endeavor in support of Baldwin Athletics, including educational programs for all divisions."
- When/Where: Saturday, May 5, from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m., in the Memorial Hall of St. Sahag & St. Mesrob Armenian Church, 630 Clothier Road, Wynnewood
- Why Go: Birthright Armenia, the event host, says: "The event will showcase the original fine art of 32 artists of Armenian descent, with a portion of sales benefiting the hosting organization. A delicious array of heavy hors d’oeuvres, unique raffle items, open bar for the first hour, and the first area appearance of Boston’s Black Sea Salsa band are also included in admission price."
- Cost: $50 advance, $60 at the door
- When/Where: Sunday, May 6 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 12 E. Lancaster Ave, Ardmore
- Why Go: Search for vintage treasures, find the perfect hand-crafted gift, and more, at this monthly "upscale vintage market" that also features live music and food from local restaurants.
- Cost: Free entry, cost of items varies