Get Out: Give Back, See Santa And More
What's going on in the Ardmore Patch area this weekend.
It's another weekend full of holiday fun in Ardmore, along with a chance to have some fun while giving back to local centers—including the center for Positive Aging in Lower Merion and the Narberth Food Bank. Check out our bets for these, as well as Santa sightings, holiday crafts, performances and more, below.
- When/Where: Saturday, Dec. 17 from noon to 5 p.m. at the PALM Center, 117 Ardmore Ave., Ardmore
- Why Go: Are you a secret pinochle genius? Come show off your skills (or just enjoy a few rounds) at the center for Positive Aging in Lower Merion. A suggested donation of $12 includes lunch, prizes and fun, with all proceeds benefitting PALM.
- Cost: $12 suggested donation
- When/Where: Saturday, Dec. 17 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Yeats Pub, Ardmore
- Why Go: Rock out to power pop and power punk tunes with cover band Vox Prophet at Yeats Pub this Saturday at Yeats. The pub will also be collecting canned foods to benefit the Narberth Food Bank, so bring a couple cans to help out the less fortunate this holiday season.
- When/Where: Sunday, Dec. 18 at 1 p.m. Meet at the Lower Merion Conservancy's cottage in Rolling Hill Park, 1301 Rose Glen Road, Gladwyne
- Why Go: Using precut materials, weave wreaths in the Conservancy's cottage and add embellishments from around the park. Learn how to identify invasive vines and how to use them to weave wreaths. This workshop is for adults and kids ages 8 and older.
- Cost: LMC members $4/person, $10/family; Non-members $5/person, $15/family
- When/Where: Friday, Dec. 16 from 6 to 8 p.m. at St. Aloysius Academy for Boys, 401 S. Bryn Mawr Ave., Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: This fun holiday event includes caroling, carriage rides, and refreshments, and of course a live nativity, along with a "huge beam of light shooting heavenward."
- Cost: Free
- When/Where: Sunday, Dec. 18 after 10 a.m. service at St. Christopher's Church, 226 Righters Mill Rd, Gladwyne, FREE
- Why Go: Get into the holiday spirit and bring your kids to see Santa. The event, which takes place after the 10 a.m. service, includes free gifts and crafts and a surprise for each kiddo from Santa himself.
- Cost: Free
- When/Where: Sunday, Dec. 18 at 11 a.m. at Bryn Mawr Film Institute, 824 W. Lancaster Ave., Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: Dance with the Sugar Plum Fairy while watching Tchaikovsky’s classic ballet. The performance stars Nina Kaptsova and Artem Ovcharenko of the Bolshoi Ballet in Moscow.
- Cost: $20 general admission, $18 BMFI members, $10 students
- When/Where: Sunday, Dec. 18 at 3 p.m. at St. Luke United Methodist Church, 568 Montgomery Ave., Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: Enjoy musicians from the Nelly Berman School of Music Distinguished Musician Concert Series. The event features Steinway artist Dr. Michael Yanovitsky and soprano Galina Sakhnovskaya.
- Cost: $10