Get Out: 'Atmospheric' Art, NeverEnding Story, Shopping and More
Start planning your weekend now: find out what's going on in and around Ardmore this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this week? Check out these great local events.
- When: Friday, Oct. 19 from 6 - 9 p.m.
- Where: Main Line Art Center
- Why Go: Main Line Art Center, in collaboration with InLiquid, is pleased to present Atmospheric, an exhibition of installation works by InLiquid Artists Delainey Barclay, Maureen Ciaccio, and Dianne Koppisch Hricko running in the Art Center’s galleries Oct. 19-Nov. 13. Join us on Fri., Oct. 19 from 6-9 pm at Main Line Art Center for the opening reception for the exhibition, curated by Amie Potsic, Executive Director of Main Line Art Center. Transforming the Art Center's galleries into experiential environments, the installations are uniquely inspired by atmospheric phenomena, nature, and humanity. For more information, visit www.mainlineart.org or call 610.525.0272.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Oct. 20, 11 a.m.
- Where: Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Why Go: Take your kids on an adventure to Fantasia with Bastian and Atreyu. Tickets are on sale through the BMFI website.
- Cost: $5 for adults and $4 for kids.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 20 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Where: Lower Merion Public Works Complex, 1300 N Woodbine Ave
- Why Go: Dispose of your hazardous waste safely. This includes automotive products(Motor Oil, Transmission Fluid, Brake fluid, Antifreeze, Gasoline, Kerosene), Household Products (Drain & Oven Cleaners, Spot Remover, Dry Cleaning Fluid, Rug cleaner), Paint Products (Paint Thinner, Turpentine, Oil Base Paint, Furniture Stripper), Pesticides/Herbicides and other items such as Dyes, Lighter Fluid, Photographic Chemicals, Swimming Pool Cleaners, and Concrete Sealers. For complete details on what is accepted, please visit their website.
- Cost: Free
- When: Thursday, Oct. 18 - Saturday, Oct. 20
- Where: The Shipley School 814 Yarrow St, Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: The Shipley Shops is an exciting shopping event which brings together premier retailers from throughout the United States while attracting customers from the Shipley community and beyond. Don’t miss out on the special events taking place on Family Fun Day including a meet and greet with two players from the Philadelphia Union. All proceeds from the event benefit The Shipley School. For more information, including special activities and list of vendors, please visit www.shipleyschool.org/shipleyshops or call 610-525-4544.
- Cost: Adults, $10; Seniors, $5; Under 18, Free. Saturday - Free.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 20 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Where: Beaumont At Bryn Mawr 601 N Ithan Ave, Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: The panel will address the question: “is there life after retirement?” Too often retirement is viewed as an end, while opportunities for new beginnings are overlooked. From envisioning an engaged and fulfilling “second act” and lifestyle, to addressing practical financial and real estate issues, this is your chance to ask the hard questions.
- Cost: Free, but registrations is required as seating is limited. Please contact Audrey Walsh at 610-526-7004 or email@example.com.