Get Out: Oktoberfest, Ballroom Dancing and More
Start planning your weekend now: find out what's going on in and around Ardmore this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this week? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from noon - 8pm
- Where: Cricket Ave in Ardmore, between Cricket Terrace and W. Athens Ave.
- Why Go: Come drink and eat, rain or shine, inside and out at McCloskey's, John Henry's and Gillanes. There will be great food, beer and music throughout the day. This is a family friendly event with activities for the kids as well.
- Cost: Free to get in
- When: Friday, Sept. 27 from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Quickstep Inc., 49 E Lancaster Ave., Ardmore
- Why Go: Enjoy a fun filled evening of ballroom dancing, along with light refreshments.
- Cost: $10
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Where: Lower Merion Police Station Lobby
- Why Go: Turn in your expired, unused or unwanted prescription drugs for safe disposal.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where: Harriton House, Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: This family friendly event features crafts, antiques, sheep herding, pony rides, historic house tours, childrens' games, muskets and soldiers, blacksmiths, stone carvers, cabinetmakers, spinners, weavers, Bluegrass music and Colonial songs, birds of prey, the best flea market in Lower Merion and much more!
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Main Street, Manayunk
- Why Go: Kick off Manayunk's Restaurant Week with the inaugural StrEAT Festival. There will be food trucks lined up on Main Street serving one serving items, gourmet vendors, farmers markets, and arts and crafts vendors featuring kitchen wares and food crafts. Enjoy live music and a restaurant tour.
- Cost: $3 - $5 per serving at trucks