First Baptist Church Still On Market
The Ardmore church, located at 120 E Athens Ave., is on the market for $499,000.
First Baptist Church of Ardmore owner Wally Smerconish continues to pursue options for the vacant church building, including selling it, he said in an interview this week.
The property, which went up for sale in July 2011 and was bought by Smerconish in August 2012 in hopes of converting it to condos, is currently listed for $499,000. The parsonage next door is listed for $429,000.
“Convert to your own vision,” reads a brokers open house flier for the site that circulated recently. “Uses include: single family residence, daycare or multi-family townhome conversion. Great neighborhood and location … enormous basement and plenty of parking. Add a second floor? Unlimited potential!”
Smerconish said he remains hopeful that current litigation with the township will be resolved and he can move forward with plans to convert the site to condos.
“There’s a clear path to resolving this. … They continue to work on their ordinance but it’s been months and unfortunately, I can’t operate that way,” he said.
- First Baptist Church Developer 'Considering All Options' For Building (Aug. 14, 2012)
- First Baptist Church Developer Applies For Demolition Permit (July 6, 2012)
- Condo Plans Denied for Ardmore's First Baptist Church (June 21, 2012)
- Developer Details Condo Plans for First Baptist Church (May 18, 2012)
- Karate Studio or Condos? First Baptist Church Plans Discussed (May 3, 2012)
- With Ardmore's First Baptist Closing, Other Places Of Worship Consider Their Fate (Jan. 5, 2012)