Crime Stats: Strong Arm Robbery in Ardmore, Haverford Burglary
A roundup of Lower Merion police calls the week ending Jan. 6 in Ardmore, Merion Station, Wynnewood and Haverford.
Lower Merion police responded to approximately 353 calls the week ending Jan. 6 throughout Ardmore, Merion Station, Wynnewood, Penn Wynne and Haverford, up from 294 calls for service received the previous week.
A version of the department's most recent report, sorted by the type of incident and culled of incidents throughout the rest of Lower Merion, is attached to this article.
From Dec. 31 to Jan. 6, the police calls (which do not necessarily indicate arrests were made or charges filed) included:
- A burglary attempt on the 500 block of Putnam Rd. in Merion Station, reported 4:39 p.m. on Jan. 6
- A burglary on the 300 block of Grays Ln. in Haverford on Jan. 1 at 11:01 p.m.
- 1 DUI, at 11:04 p.m. on Dec. 31
- 10 fires
- Terroristic threats, at 3:44 p.m. Dec. 31 on the 500 block of Heath Rd. in Merion Station
- 14 car accidents with property damage
- 1 case of public drunkenness
- 1 “rescue,” on the 100 block of Gypsy Ln. in Wynnewood at 11:35 a.m. Jan. 5.
- 1 strong arm robbery, on the 200 block of E Montgomery Ave. in Ardmore, reported 6:29 p.m. on Jan. 6.
- 4 incidents of retail theft
See the full list in the attached PDF.