8 Nominees for Chase Grant Awards in Ardmore, Merion, Wynnewood
The charities are in the running among thousands of other local charities to win, at most, a $250,000 grant from Chase. Voting ends Wednesday.
Eight Ardmore, Merion, Wynnewood organizations are trying to win grant awards through the Chase Community Giving program, and Wednesday is the last day to vote for your favorites.
The Chase Community Giving program was established in 2009 as a way to help support local charities that use less than $10 million in annual operating expenses. This year, Chase customers and employees nominated each 501(c) (3) public charity participating in the voting round back in June and July.
The eight local organizations are:
- Ardmore Free Library (EIN: 23-1381372)
- ASCEND Group Inc. (EIN: 36-4476620), a group that, according to its mission description, seeks to improve public awareness about Asperger's Syndrome and related disorders, "advocate for improved education and services, and provide support and information to the Asperger and autism community."
- BreastCancer.org (EIN: 23-3082851), which endeavors to "help women and their loved ones make sense of the complex medical and personal information about breast cancer and breast health so they can make the best decisions for their lives," according to their mission statement.
- Minding Your Mind (EIN: 20-8448707), which according to its mission statement, focuses on "empowering students by introducing them to motivated, caring adults who create nurturing environments that encourage students to use their gifts and talents to help themselves and their peers."
- Main Line Chinese Cultural Center Inc. (EIN: 20-0023433)
- Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (EIN: 56-2496146)
- Center for Advancement in Cancer Education (EIN: 23-2634508)
- The Barnes Foundation (EIN: 23-6000149)
Voting opened on Sept. 6 and ends on Sept. 19 at 11:59 p.m. The 196 charities with the most votes will share a total of $5 million in grant money.
The charity with the most votes will receive $250,000, but the rest of the award amounts are as follows:
- Charities 2-11: $100,000 each
- Charities 12-46: $50,000 each
- Charities 47-96: $20,000 each
- Charities 97-196 : $10,000 each
Anyone with a Facebook account automatically gets two votes to use, but both votes cannot go to the same charity. However, extra votes, which can be earned one of two ways, can be used on a charity previously voted for.
Voters can receive an extra vote if they share the link to the Chase Community Giving page on their Facebook timeline. Voters get a bonus vote if someone on their friend’s list votes and also shares the link to the Chase Community Giving page.
Chase customers can vote for charities on Facebook and at chase.com/chasegiving.