5 Things To Know: Sept. 3-9
A heads up for those who live or work in Ardmore, Merion and Wynnewood.
2. Tuesday marks the first day of 2012-2013 classes for Lower Merion School District students. For those curious about how the school days will affect traffic patterns:
- Harriton and Lower Merion high schools will be in session every weekday from 7:30 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.
- Bala Cynwyd and Welsh Valley middle schools, from 8:20 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- Merion, Gladwyne, Belmont Hills, Cynwyd and Penn Valley elementary schools, from 9:05 a.m. to 3:35 p.m.
3. Friday, Sept. 7 is First Friday in Ardmore. Check out a variety of blues artists playing at venues throughout town, free of charge, as well as local art. Check out the First Friday Main Line website for a complete schedule of events, and check back with Patch later this week for some more details.
4. Have an old TV or microwave to get rid of? Whole Foods in Wynnewood will be accepting "anything with a plug" on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for its electronics recycling event. Get the info here.
5. Bryn Mawr Day is on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and will celebrate the 21 100-year-old institutions in Bryn Mawr. There will be free historical bus tours and fire truck rides, circus performances, roving entertainers and sidewalk sales throughout downtown Bryn Mawr. The farmers market will also be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.