5 Things To Know: Sept. 24-30
A heads up for those who live or work in Ardmore, Merion, Wynnewood, Penn Wynne and Haverford.
1. The Lower Merion Board of School Directors will meet Monday night at 8 p.m. in the district administration building's first floor board room. View the agenda.
2. Wednesday is Yom Kippur. All Lower Merion School District schools will be closed, but administrative offices will be open.
3. There will be no Lower Merion Board of Commissioners meeting or committee meetings on Wednesday night.
4. Shortridge and Wynnewood Civic Associations will meet on Thursday at 7 p.m. in the Lower Merion High School Library. On the agenda is an update on the LMHS athletics program, more details about the new Wynnewood Whole Foods (as presented by WP Realty), and information on a proposed apartment complex on Sibley Avenue.
5. Lower Merion Township will be participating in Drug Take-Back Day on Saturday, Sept. 29, according to a township press release. Expired, unused or unwanted prescription drugs can be dropped off at the Lower Merion Police Department (75 E. Lancaster Ave, Ardmore) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday—for free, and with no questions asked.