5 Things to Know: Jan. 7-13
A heads up for those who live or work in Ardmore, Merion Station, Wynnewood or Haverford.
1. Federal Realty Investment Trust, the owners of the Wynnewood Shopping Center, will go before the Planning Commission during Monday night's meeting, which begins at 7 p.m. A preliminary land development plan for the old postal service building calls for its demolition and the construction of a new restaurant with outdoor dining. View the agenda.
2. Lower Merion's Board of Commissioners meets at 6 p.m. Wednesday, starting with the swearing-in of new township secretary Jody Kelley. Following the ceremony will be meetings of the Public Works committee and the Building and Planning committee.
3. St. Joseph's University is seeking a special exception to operate youth athletic camps and clinics on the Maguire Campus over the summer. They will present their case before the Zoning Hearing Board at a 7:15 p.m. meeting on Thursday.
4. The National Weather Service forecast calls for daily high temperatures in the 40s and 50s, with chances of precipitation Thursday night and Friday.
5. Anyone interested in applying for money from the federal government's annual Community Development Block Grants should call Kathryn Morris at the township offices: 610-645-6271. The deadline is 4 p.m. Feb. 15. For more information, see the announcement on the Lower Merion website.