5 Things to Know: Dec. 3-9
A heads up for those who live or work in Ardmore, Merion, Wynnewood, Penn Wynne or Haverford.
1. Monday is the last day to drop off gingerbread houses for First Friday Main Line's gingerbread house contest, to be judged by FFML visitors on Friday, Dec. 7. Full rules can be found on the First Friday Main Line website, and entries should be taken to the Ardmore Initiative Office, 56 E Lancaster Ave, Ardmore.
2. The Lower Merion School Board meets at 8 p.m. Monday to elect officers for the year ahead and to vote on administrators' salaries. The district's website has the full agenda.
3. The second public hearing on Lower Merion Township's proposed 2013 municipal budget is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The proposal maintains the same property tax rate as 2012's budget.
4. Lower Merion's Zoning Hearing Board meets Thursday night at 6 p.m. Included on the agenda is discussion of the proposed LA Fitness in the Wynnewood Shopping Center, with representatives of Federal Realty and the Shortridge and Wynnewood Civic Associations.
5. Harriton senior Max Norris will compete Saturday in the Foot Locker national cross country championship race in San Diego. The boys race begins at 1 p.m. Eastern Standard Time; Norris was one of 40 boys in the country to qualify.