5 Things To Know: Aug. 27 to Sept. 2
A heads up for those who live or work in Ardmore, Merion and Wynnewood.
1. On Tuesday, the Democratic Committee of Lower Merion and Narberth will host a Voter ID Law training open to all registered Democrats. The purpose of the training is to teach as many people as possible how to identify disenfranchised voters and show those voters how to obtain or correct their identification before November. The training will be held Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at One Wynnewood Road, Wynnewood, at the back entrance.
2. A preliminary hearing for the second suspect arrested in connection with the July 14 Hymie's Deli robbery is scheduled for Tuesday at 11 a.m. at the magisterial district court in Bala Cynwyd. John Leroy Moore, Jr., 34, of Philadelphia, was arrested last Tuesday.
3. Here's hoping that someday soon, it's done: Construction on Ardmore Avenue curb cuts continues this week, Aug. 27 to 31. The work was supposed to be completed by Aug. 3. The same goes for curb cuts on Wynnewood Road. Work will be conducted between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. this week, according to PennDOT.
4. The Lower Merion Education Association school-employees union and the Lower Merion School District have yet to come to terms on a new contract to succeed the one that expired in June. Results of any negotiations this week will be reported on Patch as soon as possible.
5. Wednesday is freshman orientation day at Lower Merion High School. Students will attend from 9 to 11:30 a.m. (with buses picking them up 90 minutes later than their normally scheduled time), with a parent program from 6 to 8:30 p.m. View more details here.