5 Things To Know: Aug. 20-26
LA Fitness plans, school district contract negotiations and three more things to know this week.
1. Representatives of LA Fitness and Wynnewood Shopping Center owner Federal Realty will appear before the Zoning Hearing Board on Monday, Aug. 20 at 7:15 p.m. to discuss the potential for a new upscale LA Fitness in the old Borders space. The building, which became Affordable Home Furnishings last year, has recently been converted to a Halloween store.
2. Construction on Ardmore Avenue continues this week, Aug. 20 to 24. The work was supposed to be completed by Aug. 3. Expect lane restrictions at Ardmore Ave.'s intersections with County Line Rd. and W. Athens Ave. between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., according to a PennDOT traffic bulletin. Other roads with possible lane restrictions this week: Lancaster Ave. at Wynnewood Road; Wynnewood Road at Athens Ave., Spring Ave. and County Line Rd., all for curb ramp reconstruction, and all between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., according to PennDOT.
3. The Lower Merion Board of School Directors will meet at 8 p.m. Monday night at the district administration building, 301 E Montgomery Ave, Ardmore. Read the agenda.
4. St. James, the new restaurant scheduled to open Oct. 1 in the old Victoria's Secret spot in Suburban Square, will host an employment open house on Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. at 30 Parking Plaza in Suburban Square.
5. Lower Merion School District officials and the Lower Merion Education Association, representatives of 1,300 district employees, will engage in contract negotiations Thursday at the administration building, LMEA president Chris SantaMaria told Patch.